Help – Managing Accounts
Do I need an online account to buy from your online shop?
Yes. If you already have an account with us, you should sign in; if you haven’t ordered from us before, you are required to specify a password when entering your details.
I’m not sure if I have an account, or I can’t remember my account details?
If you have bought from us in the past over the last few years – either online, by telephone, email, or post – you will have an online account. In this case, please try and find your existing account. Your account details comprise a Username (your email address) and a Password (usually a random password – unless you have either created your account yourself, you have previously signed in and changed it, or you have reset your password online). If you can’t remember the details you used, please fill in the form below, and we’ll be able to remind you of the email address you used.
However, if you can remember your email address, but have forgotten your password, you can reset it yourself using the instructions below.
I’ve forgotten my password! What should I do?
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it yourself from the Password Reset page, which can be accessed in the following ways:
- By clicking the [Password reset] link at the top middle of every page;
- By clicking the [My Account] link at the top right-hand side of every page, then clicking the [Lost your password] link next to the [Remember me] checkbox at the bottom of the Login section on the left of the page; or
- By clicking the [Click here to login] link in the Returning Customer section at the top of the Checkout page, then clicking the [Lost your password] link next to the [Remember me] checkbox at the bottom of the Login form which opens.
When on Password Reset page of the Account area, enter your email address in the box, check the [I’m not a robot] checkbox (following any instructions that appear), then clicking the [Reset password] button at the bottom.
You will then get a message “Password reset email has been sent”, then check your inbox for the message that was sent.
The email you will receive is sent by email@example.com, entitled “Password Reset Request” (if you haven’t received the email, please check the spam / junk folder of your email provider). Copy or click the [Click here to reset your password] link in the email. This will open a page in the Account area where you can enter and re-enter your new password, then click the [Save] button. Once you have done this, you will be redirected to the Login page, together with a message “Your password has been reset successfully”; you can now sign in using your email address and your new password.
I’ve tried to reset my password, but a red “Invalid username or email” message has appeared. What does it mean?
This warning message appears when an email address entered into the Password Reset form isn’t used in an account on our site. Please check the spelling and try again, or use a different email address.
I’ve tried to reset my password, but a red “Passwords do not match” message has appeared. What does it mean?
This warning message appears when your the passwords entered into the New Passwords form do not match. For security, the passwords (which are case sensitive) must match exactly. Please check them carefully and try again.
I’ve clicked the link in the Password Reset email, but a red “This key is invalid or has already been used” message has appeared. Why am I getting this?
When you receive a Password Reset email, it contains a link which allows you to reset your password; however, this link can only be used once. If you receive this message, simply submit a new Password Reset request.
Can I check and / or change my account details online?
Yes, of course. Simply sign in to your account online, using the [My Account] link at the top right-hand side of our website.
When you have signed in, you will be redirected to your Account dashboard, which is divided into several sections [Orders | Downloads | Addresses | Account details | Wishlist], which are accessible from the left-hand menu. These sections store the following information:
- Orders. Any orders you place on this site can be found in here; the list shows the Order Number, the Date the order was placed, the Status of the order (Pending payment / Processing / On hold / Completed / Cancelled / Refunded / Failed / Authorised / Fraud screen), the Total amount of the order (including the number of items purchased), and Actions, where you’ll find a [View] link, which will bring up a complete order summary.
- Downloads. If you have purchased any downloadable products, such as e-books, audio books or electronic magazine subscriptions, you’ll find the links to download your product(s) here.
- Addresses. This section shows your default Billing and Shipping addresses, which are used on any orders you place. There is an [Edit] link next to each title, which you can use to make any changes to your details, including Name, Address, Telephone and Email address. Simply make the required changes and click the [Save address] button at the bottom of the section.
- Account details. This section allows you to change the details of your online account (these details are different from those stored in your Billing and / or Shipping Addresses), including First and Last Names, Display Name (used in greetings throughout the site), Email address (used to login to the site) and, if you wish, to change your Password (by filling in your current password, followed by your new password and then reentering your new password). Make any required changes and click the [Save changes] button at the bottom of the section.
- Wishlist. On every product page there is an option to add a product to your wishlist. Any products added will appear in this section.
At the bottom of the column, there’s a [Logout] link should you wish to log out of your account.
I don’t have an account. How do I create one?
If you have never bought from us before, the easiest way is to buy from our online shop and, as part of the checkout process, you’ll be required to create an account, by providing your e-mail address and specifying a password.
Alternatively, if you’re not yet ready to buy, you can create an account by clicking the My Account link which is at the top right-hand side on our website. Then simply enter your e-mail address and password into the Register section on the right hand side, clicking the [I’m not a robot] checkbox (and following any instructions that appear), then clicking the [Register] button at the bottom.